Our family veterinary practice provides caring, comprehensive treatment to dogs, cats, rabbits and pets of any shape or size. Led by Glenn & Caroline Marlow, our professional team of vets and nurses is dedicated to providing advanced quality care for your beloved pet.
We are a committed team at the frontline of animal care with six highly qualified and experienced vets, working in a new purpose-built surgery in Chepstow. There are additional branch surgeries in Magor and Caldicot. Communicating and working closely together are at the heart of our dedicated team’s effectiveness and efficiency.
- Our practice on High Beech roundabout in Chepstow is RCVS inspected (Dec ’16) and offers high-quality, leading-edge medical and surgical services and facilities.
- Our team of receptionists enjoy getting to know you and your pet in our bright, spacious reception area. We have plenty of room to separate cats and dogs, with a separate entrance for the timid. Toys, treats and accessories are chosen (with our own pets in mind!). Scales are available to weigh your pet, along with advice on healthy eating.
- Consulting rooms are large with room to move around. Our experienced vets take time to listen and understand your concerns and explain the treatment options available. We endeavour to discuss costs with you before they arise.
- We can usually offer same day appointments, or patient drop-off for the day if you need to get to work quickly.
- Our team of qualified vet nurses are proud of the climate-controlled hospitalisation facilities, and work hard to ensure their patients feel safe and well looked after. Our dog ward is clean and spacious with comfortable beds, walk-in kennels for large dogs, a handy outside run for urgent toilet needs and CCTV to remotely monitor some patients. In the separate cat ward, units are arranged so the cats cannot see each other, there are boxes for the shy to hide in, windows to watch the outside world, and a wide selection of food is provided for picky eaters. In-patients have a named vet and nurse. The ward layouts are designed to keep all patients easily in view. We encourage visiting, normally around 5.30pm. A separate isolation kennel is equipped for infectious cases. You are welcome to ask for a tour of the practice.
- Two sterile operating theatres are serviced by a large, bright, open plan prep room with dentistry area.
- Our imaging suite is equipped with digital radiography and an ultrasound scanner. We have a visiting specialist in diagnostic imaging.
- Laboratory services – in emergencies a point of care blood analyser delivers lab-accurate blood tests in minutes. A range of everyday tests are performed on site. For more comprehensive, precise, diagnostic results, samples are couriered overnight to large specialised external laboratories, usually with next day results
- Monthly eye clinics are run on site by a Bristol referral practice.
- Offices and staff facilities occupy our first floor, with a flat providing overnight accommodation.
- We provide 24 hour cover in Chepstow for emergencies for our clients.
- Home visits may be available during the working day
- Outside there is spacious parking, with easy disabled access, and room for your dog to stretch their legs. A well-populated dove cot sits in the middle of our lawn.